DON'T DRIVE ALONE
DRIVERS UNION IS HERE FOR YOU!
The Drivers Union has achieved groundbreaking victories for Uber and Lyft drivers in Seattle, winning nation-leading labor standards including:
- Paid sick leave for drivers in the City of Seattle – the first gig workers in the country with access to paid sick days – so they don’t have to go to work ill during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- A nation-leading fair wage in Seattle, ensuring drivers earn a living wage after expenses.
- First-in-the-nation worker protections from unfair terminations or deactivations and establishment of a support center for app-based drivers.
WHO WE ARE
The Drivers Union is the voice for Washington’s more than 30,000 Uber and Lyft drivers. After years of advocating independently, we formed the Drivers Union to promote fairness and transparency in Seattle's personal transportation industry. 14 different languages are spoken by Drivers Union staff.
Since launching the Driver Resource Center in 2021, the Drivers Union has empowered and improved the lives of thousands of Uber and Lyft drivers through representation, outreach, education, and other support services. To date we have achieved:
- 13,157 contacts with drivers providing education about recent wins, support services, and resources
- 277 outreach events connecting drivers with vaccines, PPE, benefits, and permitting assistance
- 1,450 “Know-Your-Rights” trainings for drivers regardless of union membership
- 4,026 drivers have accessed the Driver Resource Center
- 808 unfair deactivations have been identified
- 230 driver accounts have been reactivated restoring a source of income and financial stability!