How much is the fair pay standard?
Rates for Seattle drivers, the highest in the nation, have increased to $1.50/mile and 64¢/minute with a trip minimum of $5.62. Rates for the rest of Washington have increased to $1.27/mile and 37¢/minute, the highest statewide pay standard in the nation, with a trip minimum of $3.26. The new raise means that:
- Pay for King, Snohomish & Whatcom County drivers has increased 97% per minute and 14% mile
- Pay for Spokane drivers has increased 147% per minute and 29% mile
- Pay for Vancouver drivers has increased 54% per minute and 80% mile
- Pay for Tacoma drivers has increased 279% per minute and 53% mile
What about inflation?
The pay raises will increase annually to adjust for the cost of living. By organizing together with Drivers Union, drivers in Washington State are the only drivers in the country that have won annual statewide cost of living pay raises applied both to time and mileage expenses.
How do these gains compare to the rest of the country?
While drivers in Washington state have won pay raises and expanded protections, drivers in many other states are seeing more and more pay cuts.
- In California, after spending more than $200 million on Proposition 22, Uber cut driver pay at LAX to $0.32/mile.
- In Massachusetts, Lyft proposed a ballot initiative to lower pay to as little as $0.26/mile.
- In February 2022, Uber rolled out a new secretive pay algorithm completely removing guaranteed per-mile and per-minute pay rates and replacing them with a black box algorithm to cut driver pay.
Instead of more pay cuts, Drivers in Washington have won the highest statewide pay and labor protections in the country.
What if my right to fair pay is being violated?
Drivers Union is here to investigate any issues and ensure that you receive the fair pay that drivers across Washington fought for and won! Click here for help enforcing your rights.
How did drivers win higher pay and new protections?
Thousands of drivers organized together with Drivers Union to fight to expand driver rights statewide. Together, we have won the highest pay and protections in the nation.
Can we fight for more?
Yes! The struggle for drivers rights continues, and every victory makes us stronger. If you believe in our mission to fight to expand driver rights, become a member of Drivers Union today to build driver power.