Seattle City Council just voted to raise pay for Uber and Lyft drivers by 40%!
The Fair Pay standard establishes the highest earnings floor drivers have won anywhere in the nation, including:
- Tripling per-minute pay to $0.56/min
- Raising per-mile pay to $1.33/mile
- $5 minimum on short trips (no more $2.80 trips!)
- Transparency on company commissions
- Cost of living increases
Drivers Union led the campaign for Fair Pay, organizing thousands of drivers to speak out, rally, and demand fairness. Become a member of Drivers Union.
Because of drivers like you taking action, Seattle is once again leading the way in winning fairness for drivers. This historic win adds to our recent victories:
- Winning unemployment rights for drivers
- Winning first-in-the-nation protection from unfair deactivation (new rights will go into effect in 2021)
- Winning the nation’s first ever paid sick days for drivers
Higher pay will take effect starting January 1st, but this is only the beginning. When drivers join together, we have the power to improve our lives and lift up our communities.
Become a member today. What do you want to win next?